Pave the way towards the development of a European Ocean Alliance, a platform bringing together European groups and organisations active in ocean preservation and ocean literacy. Main objectives:
1) Share good practices in ocean literacy and develop joint ocean literacy initiatives;
2) Enhance awareness and civil engagement/activism of European citizens towards the seas and oceans;
3) Help citizens, economic and political actors to become informed ocean advocates and actors of change for ocean protection and a more sustainable use of ocean resources;
4) Encourage children, students and young people to take an active role in the ocean preservation through different activities at local, regional, national or international level;
5) Promote the development of digital services and innovative communication tools to facilitate the dissemination of ocean-related knowledge and information to citizens and stakeholders.
For more information click here.