DG MARE organises the MSP Conference on Blue Growth: How to plan for a Sustainable Blue Economy? in Brussels on 11 and 12 October 2017 with the presence of Mr Karmenu Vella, Commissioner for Environment, Maritime Affairs and Fisheries.
The conference is aimed at both MSP practitioners, authorities as well as industry representatives. This conference provides a forum for discussion and exchange, offering concrete examples and guidelines on how to apply MSP as a tool to accommodate sustainable maritime economic development. In particular, the conference aims to:
- Assess future spatial needs of a wide range of maritime sectors;
- Discuss how the MSP process can facilitate a better understanding of the needs across maritime sectors stakeholders and ecosystems;
- Share best practices on how MSP can really support the Blue Economy;
- Discuss approaches and experiences towards synergies and co-location; and
- Discuss approaches and experiences of conflict resolution and addressing spatial tensions.
You can register via this link.